Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Overcoming Ourselves and Manifesting our True Desires

I have been writing a blog and posting motivational quotes on Face Book in my group, TalktoDeb. I actually started it because I needed to read some inspiring words myself. My Dad and my father-in-law have been sick, in and out of hospitals, and needless to say, it's been stressful. When I wrote my feelings on paper, it created a release for me. Also, reading positive messages and inspirational sayings seemed to lift my mood.

Here's what I found. If you believe in something very strongly...you can make it happen. If you focus on that one goal, your dreams can come true. You have to be persistent, but if you stay on track, it will happen.

I found every reason on earth not follow through and write. First I felt brain dead. In other words, I had writer's block. But, I wasn't even an author! How could I not figure out what to say? I decided to let it go and come back refreshed the next day.

The following day arrives, and I get up and decide to blog right away. The house is quiet enough, and I start to feel inspired. I write a beautiful blog about how I want to reinvent my TalktoDeb blog and bring it to the next level.

After it's all written, I want to cut, copy, and paste something I wrote previously, and add it to this amazing story. I do that, and feel accomplished, satisfied, and proud. Maybe there is a chance I could be an author? Everybody else in the world seems to creating blogs, and some are making money with them! I delete the old post and return to my finished masterpiece; but instead of deleting the old post, I delete the new one that I spent over 2 hours writing.

I was pissed off, to say the least. I started getting angry and tried everything to fix my mistake. Nothing worked. I needed another break. This time I headed straight to TJ Maxx, like a lion on the prowl. I needed a fix and I called it shopping. After spending some money, on stuff I definitely didn't need, I came home.

I wondered if this blogging and writing stuff was worth my time? I had thoughts about doing something else. My daughter was home baking cupcakes. Maybe we should open up a small bakery and post inspirational messages on the cupcakes?

I had a dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment